World of Terror RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World of Terror RP Forum

A forum for Roleplays.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War

Go down 
+2
The Hive Mind
GM Galox
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GM Galox
Admin

Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Empty
PostSubject: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:19 am

This RP is set in the Terror World just before the great war.
RP Rules apply. All characters made in WoT can be here. Xolag and Tyrus will not exist. Thanks for reading.
Prelog:
The cool mist settled upon the ground as horses neighed and sword smashed against sword in the night. The village was set alight, a fiery beacon lashing out at the cold night sky. This is a time of peril. This is the Time of Terror.

SET 500 YEARS BEFORE THE MAIN RP.

People of Power: These people control the RP, much as I do with Xolag.
The Hive Mind
Dusksorrow
Snerus

Last edited by GM Galox on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wotrp.forummotion.com
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

Location : Playing with Ashchu and Mistychu! They're so Awsome!

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:32 am

OOC: neather will Alron or Emeraldi...

The FlamePyre Wizzards were In the middle of the battle... Fire and bursts of light blasted through the minions of the evil ones. (I take it the evil ones are from Gharis.) pushing ever closer towards the City...

One Mage Shone through the Murky darkness of Battle. Atop a Mighty dragon casting spells of power without even a staff, eyes glowing white. with flicks of his hands minions were cast into mere light, or set in flames. he shone with white light, periceing the darkness that surrounded the city... Markings glowedd upon his skin inscribing words of power... although he destroyed many minions, they still came on...
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Mini RP'er
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:40 am

OCC: i'm useing Recton's Dad: Elpon

Elpon wanted only destruction. constantly morphing from wolf into his human form, he destroyed all in his path. Leaping into the air, he slasked the stomach of a brave warrior, with his glowing sword, then transformed back into the wolf to land apon the fallen warrior and slash his throat, only to move on to the next who challanged him. then he saw the bright light ...
Back to top Go down
http://alac.freeforumshosting.net/forum.htm
ArchDemon
Rookie RP'er

Location : Well, you take a right from Hades' old place, and then a left off of Underworld Lane, and you're there. If there are demons killing each other, don't be alarmed.

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:32 pm

OOC: I'm sticking with a younger version of Jagger, if thats okay.

IC: Jagger smiled as he set out, his just-becoming-muscular body cloaked in a brand new brown robe covered by shining steel plates set with onyx gems in some places. He grabbed his shiny enchanted staff, and then looked out at the path he was about to set out on. "An adventure fit for a King awaits!" the young Jagger laughed, and then put one foot on the path, then his staff, and then the other foot. He looked around, almost expecting something to happen. He shrugged, looked both ways, wondered for a moment which way to go, and then settled on the right. He whistled as he walked.
Back to top Go down
Snerus
Average RP'er
Snerus

Location : By heaven's gate, handing out free cups of coffee and advertising for Tim Horton's.

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:49 pm

OOC: I'll be using the character Commodore Grodaum, who works for Gharis. Just a short description, he is around 6'7" with long dirty-blonde hair in a neat pony-tail. He is a skilled human bladesmaster who wields a long rapier and a red and gold jacket with white pants. He is trying to make every empire ally with Gharis, and make war with each other, something not very easy in a war.

"Grodaum, oh Grodaum, what a handsome man you are, with nerves of steel, a fist of Iron, and a strict but fair heart of gold!" The men sang for their commanding officer, marching with swords raised and shields behind their backs. It was a song of respect, which Grodaum had wrote himself. Six fleets of men, six generals and six dozen officers were at his command, and he had them en route to the Northlands, where a famous alchemist resided. They were already thinking about what ships they were going to use to reach the frost plains, an answer not so easy to come about, simply because Grodaum had so many ships. He finally decided to use what he called the "Vanguard" a great, majestic galleon made of expensive wood with six giant polished stone wheels to support it through land, and sails to help. It could even go through water, as the polished stone could also act sort of like a motor. Fortunately, he and his six fleet of men were still close to Gharis, and they started marching back for the great vessel, still chanting songs of loyalty.
Back to top Go down
ArchDemon
Rookie RP'er

Location : Well, you take a right from Hades' old place, and then a left off of Underworld Lane, and you're there. If there are demons killing each other, don't be alarmed.

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:52 pm

The young king walked for a time before passing a group of people. They stared at this person who looked like a young boy, travelling all by himself, and wondered how mad he was.

After another hour, Jagger was attacked by a highwayman, who attempted to take anything off of him. He grabbed for pockets, but grabbed empty air. Jagger had taken a step back, and transformed into a semi-muscular, lean black tiger. He slashed at the man with his claws, which would leave scars on the mans face. Jagger changed back to his regular self, and then dragged the man over to the side of the road and ripped a strip of the man's clothes off and tried to make a makeshift bandage for the blood. He looked around, and then continued on his way.
Back to top Go down
Dusksorrow
Legendary RP'er
Dusksorrow

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:46 pm

OOC: Five-Hundred? Nara's not even Thirty, nevermind five-hundred
Anyway, Lets play as a Dusksorrow, a Necromancer this time...
(Dusksorrow checks his Dusksorrow family Characters)
Here we go... Talerian will do...

Talerian took the enchanted blade from the wall and exited Dusksorrow manor, his undead statue froze on the pedestal when he left the manor. People would probably think its pretty strange that he had full armour on and his sword, but he didn't care about the lesser Dwarfs and Humans who lived in the Northlands, or the Few other elves that travelled here, why would he care about them? He didn't, He was a necromancer after all. He walked near to the town then turned, he went into a cave. A strange thing for him to do. But then, he was only visiting a friend...
Back to top Go down
Snerus
Average RP'er
Snerus

Location : By heaven's gate, handing out free cups of coffee and advertising for Tim Horton's.

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:53 am

Soon, the five fleets of men arrived at a great castle inside the Kingdom of Gharis, secluded inside the woods, shrouded from the public view. It was a very olf castle that the Baron Ukinar used to reside in, until Grodaum, still a wee captain at the time, conquered it with only six highly trained swordsmen and a little squad of archers... But, this was not the time fit for reminiscing over past victories, but instead, the time to think of future glory, and so the men began to pull out the mighty Vanguard, it's redwood frame glistening in the sun with scorpion catapults and giant crossbows mounted on it for defence. His men were anxious, the ship was in good condition, and now all that had to be done was to order what so many had already there had already known would be ordered, and the one single phrase just had to be yelled.
"All Aboard!"
Back to top Go down
ArchDemon
Rookie RP'er

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:07 am

OOC: Jagger has a let of stories in him. Thats all I'm saying.

IC: Jagger continued on, eventually coming to a fork in the road. He read the two signs.

'To the east, Gharis'
'To the north, Daralai'

He wondered which direction to take for a moment, and then took the road to the east. Towards Gharis. The land of wizards would have to wait for another day to be graced by his presence! As he thought that, he stumbled over a rock in the road, and fell face-first into the dirt. He spat it out, brushed himself off, and was on his way.
Back to top Go down
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:59 pm

The warrier paused breifly to converse with his dragon and in a few moments they launched into the air. A minion jumped for them, but was repulsed by a pulse from the warriers hand. they flew low over the enimey lines, arrows deflected by wards and burned there soldiers. they spiraled in the air and flew towards an other dragon heading towards the battle field. this one was on the side of the evil one in gharis. it's rider, Iyanda, was evil to the core. They spiraled round in a deadly arieal dance. flames missing each other in blasts. the dragons clashed together giving the riders a chance to exchange blows. as they sparred, the armys clashed below, grappleing in a metaphore for the warriers aboves own struggles...
Back to top Go down
Dusksorrow
Legendary RP'er
Dusksorrow

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:02 am

Naloth hit the nearest Minion in his secret home.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY CREATIONS WENT TO A BATTLE?" He hissed,
"Master, The Min-" The Chaos Sorceror began then stopped by Naloth.
"MENIANS!"
"ions were led of by my brother Daerius to destroy something..." The Sorceror continued.
"I see" The smaller mage said, taking a dark staff off the wall.
"If Your Brother Daerius refuses to serve us, then I'll just be forced to kill him"
"Master-"
"No, I don't want to hear your excuses, I want the Indi Sorceror completed by the time I get back? Is that clear? Or are you going to side with Daerius and disobey your own creator?"
"No... No... Master..."
"Good, now Silence, I want it completed" He hissed, signaling to five La Menians(Minions) and walking out of the room into the shadows.
"This battle should be nearby..."
Back to top Go down
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:59 am

The warriers dragon slashed at the belly of Iyanda's dragon, tearing open a gash. it snarlled and launched itself away. Iyanda heal its wounds and re charged the warrier. the warrier lept of his dragon towards Iyanda slashing his dragon across the side. His dragon caught him. That was one of there signature moves. then he re charged Iyanda. there dragon's one again locked and the 2 generals dueled. then Iyanda's dragon got a lucky strike, laying open the Warriers dragons chest. the dragon died. dispite the shattering fealing of dieing he was feeling, and the sence of being totaly alone for the first time in many many years, he managed to stay atop his dead companion. (remember, this dragon is bonded to him, when a bonded dragon or rider dies, the partner normally dies of loss.) as they crashed atop a small ledge above the battle, Iyanda's dragon dived towards him. the warrier brung up his bow. in a singal motion he drew an arrow, and launched it towards Iyanda's dragon. in the flight it started to glow, turning into an arrow of pure light, transformed by the power of his Loss, hope, love and aggony for his partner. it blazed through the ward defeanding Iyanda dragon, punching right through his armour, scales and insides, and out the other side, blasting through Iyanda himself, casting him from his dragon, he fell to earth landing dead at the warriers feet... his dragon landed a little further away. the warrier raised his staff in triumph and called out across the battle field "It IS DONE! THE EVIL ONE IS DEAD... RASE YOUR SWORD AND CAST OF HIS MINIONS! DESTROY THEM." and by the power of the sun, the thing that looked over the warrier in his time of need, the battle field started to brighten. the sun punched through the mist and murk and pounding rain. the warrier smiled and said to himself "The sun has victory... but at what cost... by dear partner, gone... I am truely alone..." he started to wail for his lost partner, a haunting song that spead through the camp. a song that cried of lost things... then he knealt and colapsed by the body of his partner...

OOC: i can be dark when i want to Wink
Back to top Go down
Dusksorrow
Legendary RP'er
Dusksorrow

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:11 am

OOC: Hehe, Why did you borrow my minions exactly? My main character(Seen below) made them...

The Mage had his five La Minions walk though the forest. Those traitorious minions will die soon enough... He thought, Imperfect, I'll have to complete him quickly to avoid more defections from the Menians. The Other creation, the sorceror was floating by him, irritated at having to be in direct sunlight. "Why do we have to do it in direct sunlight exactly? And I thought you lent him your Minions?" The Sorceror moaned.
"Well, I can assure you, I did not, they defected from me... Oh, how well is the... thing doing?" He asked.
"Its, nearly complete, we just need a certain gem..."
"Good, very good..." He said, quicking his pace through the forest.
Back to top Go down
Snerus
Average RP'er
Snerus

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:24 am

Quickly, the Vanguard did sail from Gharis, the trees nearby a blur to the men who were aboard, telling jokes and boasting of past feats to each other, most of which seemed the least bit real and the least bit interesting to Grodaum, who just sat on a special chair carved out of the redwood and stuck to the ship, made just for him, sipping fine Northern grape wine and enjoying a cresent roll, watching two men trying to hold wooden daggers with their feet and fight, which proved to be quite amusing for him. Suddenly, the Vanguard stopped, a mossy formation ahead of them, and Grodaum asked for some men. When they got their, he seemed somewhat pleased, even though he never seemed pleased to see his fleet, noting how many pimples and minor face deformations some of them have.
"Men, get your pickaxes and make sure to break off big chunks of that rock." Grodaum commanded and looked at a catapult which was mounted on the back of the Vanguard, seeing use for the rocky formation, despite how ugly it looked.
Back to top Go down
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:40 am

OOC: my minions are from gharis, and are orks or goblins or evil humans or stuff...
Back to top Go down
Dusksorrow
Legendary RP'er
Dusksorrow

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:34 am

Ooc: Ah, Ok.

"So, have you discovered where these traitorius Menians are yet?"
"Yes, nearby I believe, over here" The Sorceror said, turning and going into a grove with five Menians in it.
"Ah, now, kill them" The smaller mage informed his creations, standing next to a tree and watching the La Menians and the Chaos Sorceror destroy the Menians. After the first Menian was destroyed, the Sorceror went back to the mage. "Naloth, why are you so concerned about these weaker ones betraying you?"
"That is a question I will not answer, yet. Not intill Something has been... completed..."
Back to top Go down
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:37 am

the warrier re gained consiousness. his dragon was not dead. its Eldunari (have a link to show you what one is: http://inheritance.wikia.com/wiki/Eldunar%C3%AD) was still there. he took it, and was one with the dragon again. in his bliss he wandered, and found his way to a port, where he sailed to the Solar islandas and walked to the caves of the sun. he placed the eldunari into the heart of the fire inside, and became the guardian of this place. he became the guardian. the Eldunari of his dragon became the heart of the sun, the dragon becomeing the 'sun' (so thats what really happened to Alron. it was not the sun, but actualy the most powerful dragon that ever existed's elduanri. the cape of light is acualy made of the dragons skin... so through alron the dragon accesed its power, angered at Xolag for killing its partner, so it tryed to destroy him. its compliated I know but... its all I got!)
Back to top Go down
Dusksorrow
Legendary RP'er
Dusksorrow

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:42 am

Naloth waited for the La Menians to destroy the traitorius Menians before he unsummoned them and started walking back to his home, the Chaos Sorceror was still complaining. "Why do we have to walk above ground when we can use the caves system?" The Sorceror asked.
"Because its filled be Altered Beasts? Oh, and Only I walk, you float." Naloth replied.
"I hate it when you are right..."
Back to top Go down
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:37 am

OOC: well, i got no material left, this was just to fill the gap of what the main storyline
Back to top Go down
ArchDemon
Rookie RP'er

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:48 am

OOC: Just for something to do... Meet Darius, the swordmaster and one of Jagger's old friends!

Darius swung his sword in a circular and slow movement, practicing with his son. They lived out in the country, farming and practicing swordplay with wooden swords. Darius stood at nearly seven foot tall, and was thin but muscular, tan, and scarred from fighting in a war when he was younger. He noticed a boy who looked no older than his on son walking along the road near his house. The boy looked as if he was about to... There he went.

Jagger was feeling quite faint from lack of water and food... He woke up next in a rough bed in a small room with wooden furniture. He looked around, and noticed Darius sitting in a chair next to him, asleep. He wondered who the man was and why he was here. He slowly began to stand up, when he noticed the door opening. Darius's son stood there. The boy smiled at him. "I'm Fagin." the boy said, smiling. "I'm Jagger. Thanks for everything, but I gotta go."

"My mommy and daddy wanted you to stay until you were all better again."

A couple days later, Jagger set out with Darius in tow. The swordmaster had insisted to the reluctant king that he wasn't following him, just going the same way.
Back to top Go down
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:19 am

the warrier became the guardian. he trained a lot of young mages. until xolag came...
Back to top Go down
Dusksorrow
Legendary RP'er
Dusksorrow

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Naloth halted.
"Daerius, your moaning tires me, silence yourself or leave"
"But-"
"Nar Twyll!" Naloth hissed, Daerius disipated into a cloud of Naraitraire poison.
"I warned you Daerius, I warned You..."
Naloth continued walking at a slower pace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War   Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternate Storyline: The Chill of the War
Page 1 of 1