World of Terror RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World of Terror RP Forum

A forum for Roleplays.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Snerus
Average RP'er
Snerus

Location : By heaven's gate, handing out free cups of coffee and advertising for Tim Horton's.

The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread. Empty
PostSubject: The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread.   The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:10 pm

The Keeper of Secrets A Literate RP

Log- December 14th, 5203 AB, 2:00 PM
One day… All of this started. We were too curious, poked at the wrong things, and next thing you know, some Aliens trample all over us, and treats us like we’re pests, and I bet that to them, we probably are just pests to them. It murdered us, showing no emotion, no mercy, but then again, to Aliens emotions and feelings are probably different, and next thing you know, just to get on the good side of the people, the Government declares war on them and everyone gets pulled into some big, war that we can’t get out of. Our improved weaponry might be able to pierce through alien hearts, but what good is that if that alien just gets replaced by another, just as willing as it’s predecessor to die for some meaningless fight? Then our universe expanded… and now we saw more creatures popping up, more sentient species, some willing to make us their friends, others, their foes. Either way, whatever they did just made this more of a mess, and soon, we found ourselves facing betrayal, new languages, currencies, and whole new lifestyles. All of this, it perplexed us to the point where people started to end their own lives, isolate themselves, and some even tried to rearrange the very fabrics of time, all of which to no success, and soon, many of us either had to die, isolate ourselves or just deal with the changes that were continuously occurring before us… Then one day, we discovered Them. They terrorized us, and crushed us like pests. Our fleets of men were ready to retreat from Their terror, when we came upon a Massive Colony on an absolutely enormous planet, with a variety of climates, creatures, and a very… Advanced civilization that happened to reside there, which had technological, and biological advancements further than what we have ever seen, and to find it so tucked up and secure in Their territory, it was nothing short of extraordinary. However, either they ruled with great wisdom and responsibility, or they were foolish and blind, as they hadn’t even cared whether They were out there at all. We tried to learn their complex cultures, and even more complex technologies, even trying to operate it made us confused. However, enough chatter of the past, and let me focus on the present, where surrently, right now, some of us are using a vessel to approach the civilization, trying to set up a route for trading, or at least have them ponder about it and make off with a few weapons we were able to purchase from them. My heart is heavy, and I fear that with these new weapons in our arsenal, should we threaten Them, and They attack us without notice, before we are well prepared, that we would easily perish before Their might. So today, I beg to Spode that They not detect we have possession of these new weapons until we have enough to thwart Them from our colonies. I leave this entry right now, with a great hope that we can begin the first step to defeating Them. Spode be praised, R-

August 8th 5298 AB 7:32 PM
Furaa stopped, and looked at the diary that he grasped and read to the whole council, noticing the name had seemingly been burnt off the paper, as if someone wanted to hide it. Furaa looked back up at the council, all things of different species sat by the table, waiting for him to tell them the name of the one who wrote that.
“I… am sorry, my friends, but it looks like the name has seemingly been burnt off, as if someone was to hide it from anyone wanting to read the entry. But please, let this not hinder our conference, and please, before I do continue onto the information we have harvested on the origins of this message, does anyone have any comments to say?” He asked, and after a moment, a giant frog-like creature raised its slimy fleshy, webbed hand, and Furaa nodded his head, allowing the creature to speak.
“This is but one single entry in a diary with numerous entries. Have you been able to secure just this single entry? Or have you a whole diary we can look at if we would like to further explore this person’s log?” He gurgled curiously.
“We found this diary entry stuck to the assumed diary cover that our scouts found when investigating a planet that had been the victim of a Grox attack. The empire was most likely destroyed by the Grox. Perhaps that is what the underlined words were referring to.” Furaa explained, before looking around the crowd for anyone with another question before moving on. “Our scouts, whom I before mentioned were scouting the colony, also found something like a tracking device, with coordinates to a planet deep in Grox territory… and by the looks of it, a very big planet.” Furaa turned on a giant black screen that was behind him, it showed a computer generated diagram of the entire galaxy. Furaa typed in the coordinates the scouts had given him, and it quickly zoomed to a giant planet deep in Grox territory. He then looked back at the aliens who stared at the screen with great intrigue, and he selected a little Icon on the screen, and tapped the table to get everyone’s attention.
“Please Gentlemen; I request you listen to me just a little while longer.” He asked, and then pointed at the diagram.
“I and other leaders have agreed to send one man from each empire gathered here to the planet to investigate.”
“What?! Outrageous! Are you saying you want us to send our best captains on suicide missions?!” One roared in protest, and others banged their desks to support him.
“No, no, no, of course not!” Furaa calmed them. “Who would be dumb enough to send your best men in the middle of Grox territory? This meeting was held so that we could try and brainstorm a cheap, efficient, sure fire way to secure a Grox-free route to that planet, so that it is guaranteed that your men have a safe journey there, and back.” He explained, and the people nodded. “Now, feel free to discuss with each other, a way to make this possible.”

August 8th, 5298 AB 8:00 PM
There was talk of using missiles, sprays, and even a mass of terra formers, and the meeting continued on for hours and hours, until Furaa was able to choose one out of the many hundreds of ideas. All gathered to hear what the decision was.
“Gentlemen, out of all the ideas you have expressed here, I have chose one way in which, I would think would be the most safe and effective way to clear out the Grox from that sector. I have already made the road we are to take.” Green lines that were vertical to each other appeared on a screen, as well as a transparent red circle, and a green dot, and yellow dot, with lots of red dots filling up the space of the transparent red circle. The screen showed the vertical lines, the supposed road they were to take. “The green dot, assumedly symbolizes where we are, and the yellow dot symbolizes our destination.” Furaa figured that the rest they could make out, and waited for any questions from the people there before continuing.
“You see, we were able to construct Bio-generators that are able to continuously release a special toxin into the air that reacts to the special genetic coding that the Grox have, meaning it won’t effect anyone else as long as they have one “Genetic flaw” from the Grox, and we will be beaming these down on the planets on the road’s border, to prevent The Grox from colonizing the planet, or for a matter of fact, even getting past the planet, for approximately two years. This means that all we will need to do is send anonymous ships to Terraform every Grox colony in our path, and access the giant planet, which we have named Narr Kahnn.” Furaa explained this in detail, and hoped that everyone had understood, and soon, they started banging on the table and nodded in approval before the one inevitable question came…
“When do we start?” One asked.
“We start…” Furaa trailed, and thought about it for a moment.
“Now.”

August 16th 5928 AB, 9:27 AM
The bang of hammers on nails, power drills and welding torches were abuzz in all the colonies of the planet Kaina, where the meeting was held. Soon, shps that the Grox would not Identify were sketched out, thrown away, scraped, and rebuilt with a newer design, all the ships had to be perfect, the best ships that technology could make, Ships that awed even the most rich and advanced of empires, encouraging any empire nearby, whether they be new or ancient to help with the making of these ships... some designs were rounded, built for defence and storage, the other was slim, built for getting places as fast as possible. Soon, six great, well armed Spaceships stood in the planet's shipyards, and other, dozens lesser, smaller ships with Anti-Grox generators set off for the targeted planets at the end of the road, while even more ships normally used for combat were equipped with terraforming weapons, and laid seige to the Grox colonies, trying as best they could to clear a path to the giant planet, blasting balls of heat, and ice at the Grox planets, coordinatining meteors and comets to strike the Planets that the poor things lived on, eradicating them as easily as they could eradicate lone empires, quickly, and surely. Before long, the last Grox stronghold was torn down, the bodies of it`s residents layed scattered over the burning heap of what they used to call home. The sox ships immediately received news of this, and set off immediately for Narr Kahnn, The merry captains inside not having the slightest knowledge of the things that would follow up next.

October 14th 5928 AB, 11:54 PM
There was not an astroid or comet in sight, and the planet could be viewed by everyone on the ship, as they slowly approached the big mound of earth, one noticed patches of seemingly uninhabitable land on the planet, others speculating that since this used to be the middle of Grox territory, maybe they had raided the planet. Soon, it became obvious that there used to be a civilization on the planet, seeing the wrecked buildings, however, none in the ship could even imagine how advanced the technology was, and proceeded just urged the ship's captain to have them get to the planet as fast as possible. Wrong wish. The ship suddenly jerked hard towards the left, spining and thrashing wildly, plummeting towards the great planet, red lights flashing and the program installed to it began robotically saying emergancy, as it's passengers tried to grab on to some sort of equipment, even the seemingly heartless seemed to have faces riddled with fear as the ship speeded towards the planet against the captains will, already swallowed by the planet's enormous atmosphere, plummeting, plummeting, plummeting, and then all of a sudden, a loud explosion rocked the air, as local animals scurried and ran away in fear, the ship breathing out black smoke, sweating the blood of the captains who were injured or killed by the impact of the crash, all was silent as the rest of the five remaining ships, who happened to be trailing the first ship turned back to report this tradgedy to the empires who sent the captains, a grim mood hovering around the ships as they left, and as the fateful survivors of the crash got up. One of those survivors is you, and though you may have never thought much of it, there is more to this planet's history then you may think, as well as the great amount of secrets it has to hide...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! Welcome to the OOC thread of The Keeper of Secrets! Please help this RP flourish and thrive. I'm accepting... Reasonable suggestions and feedback on how to make it a better, more enjoyable RP! But first, before you post your feedback, let me take some time to just give you a quick briefing of the story, a quick briefing of the general idea, and then list the character sheet as well as the rules!

Anyway...

Summary

For those of you to lazy to read the great, walls and blocks of text I wrote, here's just a little, short summary of what happened. Basically, your Characters empire has been invited to a meeting by some skinny blue guy named Furaa. Literally what has happened is that he has recently discovered the remains of a diary on an abandoned colony, which was invaded and wiped out by the Grox. He is only able to obtain one diary entry, reads it, some questions are asked and he suddenly points you to a giant planet he names Narr Kahnn which is deep in Grox territory. The empires manage to clear a little protected road there, but your ship is pulled in by the Planet's great gravitational pull, and crash lands... Now, there will be many things you can be in this diverse RP. You can be a Grox who has taken up the body of a captain, a rogue empire, or just a plain old space captain... The mystery here is why Furaa sent you here in the first place, because It's not logical to waste a frotune just to secure a road through Grox territory so you can get on a big ship and crash land on a big planet. Well that's it for the summary... now let's move on.

General

I don't want to reveal to much, but all you know is that this may be a planet with Advancements in technology beyond your wildest dreams! Some of it may still function almost perfectly! another thing is, the diary of the mysterious "R" Guy is, which has information that may lead you to something... unexpected... basically, It's a once you can survive then we can continue with the plot thing for the first time 'round, until the first diary entry is found by One random person, (Whom I shall select through Pms) If the OP doesn't change, then that means the person who supposedly "Found" the diary entry wasn't authorized to. This planet will be split up into sectors, which I will make a random terrascore... But know this, if the terrascore on sector A is T0, then the sector right beside it can be T0-T1. I will advance on this once players get deep enough.

Character sheet
User:
Name: (Nothing silly)
Gender: (You can be both, one or the other, but you cannot be none.)
Age: (In human years... fortunately, you can be 100 and still be a juvenile if you wish, also no babies, children or old coots.)
Species: (Again, Nothing silly)
Appearance: (You may either describe you character or post a picture.
Personality: (Be somewhat descriptive)
Pros and Cons: (I'm expecting reasonable Pros, and at least some cons... sure, you can have Superhuman strength, but then maybe you also are as slow as a slug, or something like that. Please give it some balance.)
Biography: (Needs to be at least three lines long... even if your captain is only two days old.)
Writing sample: (To show you can contribute to this RP)
Other:

Rules:
I have the most power over the RP.
General rules, G-modding, Ubering, stuff like that.
You get three penalties before you are perma-banned from this RP, and you are redeemed by one penalty every month (Actual time).
Do not ask to be a mod, for me that is considered spam.
If you read these rules, in the other category, put Rules of The Eatery.
In order to modify yourself, both biologically and robotically using the tech on Narr Kahnn, you need my permission, that's right, even mods need to.
No Cyborgs, only robots or aliens/humans.
Combat is dictated by what your character is good at, which should be mentioned in the pros and cons section.
That should be it.

Feed back is going to be accepted...
Back to top Go down
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

Location : Playing with Ashchu and Mistychu! They're so Awsome!

PostSubject: Re: The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread.   The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:19 pm

moving to other Rp forum, as this is teh start of one
Back to top Go down
Snerus
Average RP'er
Snerus

Location : By heaven's gate, handing out free cups of coffee and advertising for Tim Horton's.

PostSubject: Re: The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread.   The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:38 pm

I fail to see your reasoning hive.
Back to top Go down
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

Location : Playing with Ashchu and Mistychu! They're so Awsome!

PostSubject: Re: The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread.   The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:10 am

having re read this, it is being moved back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread.   The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Keeper of Secrets OOC thread.
Page 1 of 1