World of Terror RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World of Terror RP Forum

A forum for Roleplays.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplaying Rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GM Galox
Admin

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:16 am

These rules are to be followed in ALL RP's unless the creator of the RP specifically says so. And, even if they do allow some of these rules to be broken, they must not conflict with the Forum Rules.

The Rules:
-No Godmodding. Which means don't control another person char, change the map without permission, or implement major storyline changes
-Don't be OP. OP is short for overpowered, which is wrong. Being overpowered is against the rules. Example:
Bilbo swung his axe at the floor and the world fell apart. No. Nobody can do that, unless it's me. Cool
-No autokilling. This means, give the person your aiming at a chance to evade. But don't evade all of the time, you must get hit sometimes.
-Please, No vulgar language or adult content. Sure, Love is acceptable, but no squeezing boobs or that kinda thang. Not here Razz Swear words should be replaced with stars ****
-No huge Images. Want to show what you mean instead of writing it? Link it, please. Please don't use spoiler, either
-Use OOC: when not in character OOC: means out of character. This helps, as I've said in the chatbox before. It lets people know when you're asking a question, not AS your character.
Quote :
Example:
WRONG WAY:"The great wizard muttered something, with his last breath..brb, gonna get some cake"
RIGHT WAY"The great wizard muttered something in his last breath..
OOC:Brb, gonna get some cake! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wotrp.forummotion.com
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

Location : Playing with Ashchu and Mistychu! They're so Awsome!

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:41 am

You must always be nice to people. if your enimeys in An RPG then fine, but be civil. just cos your characters hate eachother, don't mean that you have to.
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Mini RP'er
camelfox

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:34 pm

true.
Back to top Go down
http://alac.freeforumshosting.net/forum.htm
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:25 pm

another rule that has to be said. GRAMMAR. yes he all hate it, but it makes it so much easyer to read your post with full stops and speach marks. if your post has no grammar, it may be edited by me to ensure it is legeable.

Last edited by The Hive Mind on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snerus
Average RP'er
Snerus

Location : By heaven's gate, handing out free cups of coffee and advertising for Tim Horton's.

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:12 pm

You mean Grammar?
Back to top Go down
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:44 am

the odd typo is accept able, and due to the fact im dislexic, i think i have an excuse.

Also:

DON'T METAGAME. If you don't know what that is, its where you char knows somthing from the OOC chat that it could not have possibly know otherwise. this is so annoying. any Meta gamers will be picked out and asked to eather remove or edit there post. if not then I will. in extreem cases (such as compleatly alteringing the story) you may be banned from participating in the RP. this is don't with Galox's aprroval. that is all.
Back to top Go down
Snerus
Average RP'er
Snerus

Location : By heaven's gate, handing out free cups of coffee and advertising for Tim Horton's.

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Hivemind, I saw more than a few Grammar mistakes in your post... But moving on... Why do you not just ask them to read Eochaid's guide when it comes to knowing the rules?
Back to top Go down
GM Galox
Admin

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:28 am

I have posted Eochaids guide a while ago in the RP Discussion section. Smile
Back to top Go down
Snerus
Average RP'er
Snerus

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:59 am

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:19 am

because there is a thread here.
Back to top Go down
Dusksorrow
Legendary RP'er
Dusksorrow

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:40 am

Snerus wrote:
Hivemind, I saw more than a few Grammar mistakes in your post... But moving on... Why do you not just ask them to read Eochaid's guide when it comes to knowing the rules?

Plus some of us don't want to read something from a random forum, also, Everyone should really be familiar if they are in a RP Forum, and not directed instantly to somewhere else if they aren't familiar with RP Rules, because that just gets on peoples nerves. May I also add while I'm Here, Character Control? Camelfox has just done a Mega dose of it.
Back to top Go down
Snerus
Average RP'er
Snerus

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:34 am

Well, if that was true, then why would Galox have put it up there in RP tips? And, you could always just quote the rules and give 95% credit. 5% to you because you weren't lazy and quoted them!
Also, Camel did a dose, but let us not call his offence, A Mega dose please? I've seen Mega Doses before, and what he did, though is an offence, isn't even half of what a "Mega Dose" is, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Dusksorrow
Legendary RP'er
Dusksorrow

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 am

Official Roleplaying Meanings wrote:

Mega Dose of Character Control:

This is where a person in the Roleplay(RP) does the following things:
1) Destroys/Attacks a House/Planet/Base/Fortress
2) Controls 2 peoples actions of other players
3) Automatically knowing which one is the character they are looking for/trying to kill without anything explaining how, sensing just does not work.

It should also be noted that a Double post with more character control in it can be counted as a unacceptable Character Control dose

I rest my case, and I was being quite nice to him.
Back to top Go down
Snerus
Average RP'er
Snerus

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:03 am

First, You, as I take it, was/were verbally abusing him, second, do not rest your case if someone can still fight it, as it makes you seem like you have gotten your way without listening to another's reason third, destroying a house isn't character control, as the house is not a character, but correcting him, then ignoring that post is much better than saying it was a "Mega Dose", which makes some people feel horrible about themselves because they screwed up and did a "Mega Dose". Controlling two characters is not considered a "Mega Dose" in this case, as all he made them do was run. Now unless you have something to say, Dusk, I rest this case.
Back to top Go down
GM Galox
Admin

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:41 am

No, I rest it, until I've taken a look of what has actually happened.
Back to top Go down
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:55 am

Galox it teh authority here. Camelfox has changed his posts, so stop Teh arguein! youz guyz are worse den da ORKZ. Ashchu is not impressed. Nor Mistychu. Mad
Back to top Go down
GM Galox
Admin

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:28 pm

>_<

Anyhoo, I've asked camel to change his posts, in the meantime, I removed there content.
Back to top Go down
The Hive Mind
Experienced RP'er
The Hive Mind

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:59 pm

I have explained the situation to camelfox.
Back to top Go down
GM Galox
Admin

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:56 am

Thanks Hive, I hope he doesn't leave because of it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Rules
Page 1 of 1